Bike Nation is dedicated to your safety; we have designed our equipment to ensure a safe quick trip every time.
- Active front, rear and side LED lighting
- Retro-reflective powder coated components
- Easily adjustable seat height
- Step-thru frame for ease of use and low center of gravity
The Bike Nation bicycle utilizes airless tires and a chainless shaft-driven drivetrain to provide the most reliable bicycle! However, it’s never a bad idea to perform a quick
3-point safety check of your own.
- Wheels: Spin both the front and rear wheels to ensure that they are straight and aren’t rubbing on the frame or fenders.
- Gears: Turn the grip shifter to make sure the bicycle shifts into each of the gears properly.
- Brakes: Check that both brakes are functional by spinning the wheel and then squeezing the lever.
Obviously having a safe bicycle is an important step in safe cycling, however there are a few other simple steps that you can take to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Obey traffic signs and lights
- Ride with traffic and avoid sidewalks
- Communicate with motorists and pedestrians with hand signals
- Ride in a straight line, away from car doors
- Always wear a helmet!
Bike Nation does not provide helmets to systems users; it is neither sanitary nor practical. However, we do strongly encourage the use of a helmet for every subscriber.
Bicycle lanes, trails, and suggested routes are popping up everywhere. Take advantage of how bicycle-friendly Southern California has become by checking out a Bike Nation bicycle for a nice ride!